Bad Proposal

To: Dr. Stice

From: Ryan Pregent

English 314

October 15, 2015

For this weeks assignment, I located a bad proposal offered online at https://image.slidesharecdn.com/9-goodproposalbadproposalvn-121227185807-phpapp02/95/writing-a-research-paper-proposal-2-638.jpg?cb=1356656551. The proposal was very brief and simple. From my initial take away, “Martha’ was the supposed author of the proposal. Also, there was no clarification as to whom the proposal was for, other than stating that the paper being written was for a research paper on Bill Clinton. An initial suggestion would have to be to simply state who exactly is writing the proposal and whom it is targeted for. A great way to approach this is through professionally addressing the target audience as well as including a date. I can only assume that this proposal is an internal one because there is little clarification as to who “Martha’ is addressing the proposal for and minimal clarification on the information provided.

With all that being said, I do like the simple word choice and short sentences used within the piece. I think that for an internal proposal, there does not need to be a huge elaboration for what is being proposed. The use of short sentences lets the writer get straight to the point. The author of the proposal does a great job outlining the proposal by including an introduction, conclusion and preliminary thesis.